The Independence Beer Garden is an 20,000 square-foot outdoor beer-garden & restaurant to supplement the day and evening eating and drinking scene along Independence Mall in Philadelphia’s historic Old City district. The space features reclaimed timber, distressed metals, Tivoli lights, and games. It is located on the raised plaza of the Dow Building at 100 S. Independence Mall West overlooking the Liberty Bell and Independence National Historic Park.
- Architect of Record, Production Architect, and Co-Designer for the project, specifically the pergola infrastructure featuring a cantilevered theme inspired from the historic building feature.
- Our primary task was to Analyze and deconstruct and understand the historical assembly of the 1968 Building Design by Pietro Belluschi and George M. Ewing at Ewing Cole, the architect of record for this structure.
- Influential support in a successful and complicated Zoning Application approval, Art Commission approval, and Historical Commission Review
- Managed complicated Historic Building Code Review with Historic nuance
- Assisted with Complicated Commercial Kitchen Fit-out planning and detailing
- Assisted with Structural Integration of Shipping containers to be anchored to the roof of a form bomb shelter